The Art of Science is a student-organized competition where scientists and engineers showcase the artistic inspiration in their work. The 2016 competition had 27 finalists with 25 print and 2 cross-media exhibits and was held in Packard Atrium on May 20th. The artwork was judged based on scientific and artistic merit. Our judging team included:
- Dewitt Cheng – Stanford Art Spaces Curator
- Bruce Clemens – Walter B. Reinhold Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- Aaron Lindenberg – Associate Professor Materials Science and Engineering
- Susan Roberts-Manganelli – Director of the Art+Science Learning Lab at the Cantor Arts Center
- Pamela Davis – Artist and Lecturer at the D. School
Special thanks to the Stanford Materials Research Society for hosting and GSC and IEEE for their financial support.